Why Pursue Holiness (Progressive Sanctification)?
Here are some brief, bullet-point answers to the question that may be elaborated upon later:
1) Sin displeases God, and I want to bring Him glory.
2) Sin does not accurately reflect our calling in Christ.
3) A lifestyle of sin is a red flag that you are not bearing the fruit of the Spirit.
4) Sin is destructive to me, so I want to get rid of it.
5) Sin is destructive to my relationships, so I want to get rid of it.
6) I want to be everything that God has freed me to be.
7) Progress in Christ ensures that I will not “backslide.”
8) I do not want to be entangled or enslaved by sins.
9) I want to be light in a dark world.
10) God demands it; “Be holy for I am holy.”
What would you add?